An increasingly dynamic world is a world of growing pressure on every organisation and its members. Ironically, more than ever before, it is also a world where organisational members are required to bring in their best selves to the workplace. The gap between the organisation’s expectations of its staff and the reality is often wide. The reason is simple – many managers/leaders have inherited the traditional command-and-control style of leadership from their predecessors. They assume this leadership style will work in a context that is drastically different from the kind that gave rise to it. The influx of a new generation of organisational members complicates matters as they cannot function effectively with the traditional style of leadership. The implication is that today’s leaders need to learn new tricks to drive dynamic and innovative thinking and the problem-solving orientation that is necessary to sustain the organisation’s competitive advantage in today’s world of work.
The Manager as Coach programme will equip today’s leaders/managers with the requisite capabilities to develop and lead a dynamic team. The International Coach Federation defines coaching as a thought-provoking partnership between the coach and the learner, aimed at inspiring the latter to maximise their personal and professional potential. Hence, the acquisition of essential coaching skills will equip participants with the capability to get the best from their team members.
Learning Objectives and Benefits
At the end of this programme, you will be able to:
- Appreciate the connection between coaching and performance
- Apply the relevant tools and techniques to facilitate your team’s development
- Engender trusting relationships with your team members
- Delegate responsibilities more confidently
Who should attend
The programme is designed for team leads, middle to senior managers, and anyone that has responsibility for achieving organisational objectives through people.
Structure and Curriculum
Module 1 (week 1) – Fundamentals of Coaching
Coaching essentials – what it is and what it is not
The science of coaching – why coaching works
Essential attributes of a leader as coach
Module 2 (week 2) – The Coaching Process
Essential elements of the coaching process I
Essential elements of the coaching process II
Module 3 (week 3) – Coaching tools and techniques
Coaching tools and techniques
Module 4 (week 4) – Live session
Live coaching demonstration
1. Click on the Apply Now tab
2. Select the number of participants to enroll on the programme
3. Fill in your details to complete your application
4. Request for an invoice or make an instant payment via our secured payment gateway
5. Upon confirmation of payment, a programme manager will get in touch with you at least three days before the programme commences.
Dr Yetunde Anibaba