We are reeling from the disruptive effect of COVID-19. The world will no longer be the same, but what will this new world look like? While it is impossible to predict, we can develop different scenarios. In this seminar, you will gain skills and competence to design scenarios for long term strategic planning in a volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous environment. You will learn to identify different possible futures that will arise from this disruption. You will also be challenged to track indicators that lead to likely scenarios and develop an appropriate plan for each scenario. This will be done in groups.
Learning Objectives and Benefits
At the end of the course, you would have acquired skills to enable you to develop scenarios for more effective long range planning
Who should attend
This programme will benefit C-level managers and other senior managers involved in strategy development and planning.
Structure and Curriculum
Introduction to Strategy and Strategic Planning Scenario Analysis Process
- Introduction to Strategy
- Why Scenario Planning
- Ranking critical driving forces by importance and uncertainty
- Environmental Scanning to identify focal issues and driving forces
- The Strategic Planning Process
- Selection of scenario logics and development of appropriate scenarios
- Fleshing out of scenarios
- Determining the leading indicators and signposts
- Introduction to group work
1. Click on the Apply Now tab
2. Select the number of participants to enroll on the programme
3. Fill in your details to complete your application
4. Request for an invoice or make an instant payment via our secured payment gateway
5. Upon confirmation of payment, a programme manager will get in touch with you at least three days before the programme commences.
Dr Nkemdilim Iheanachor