This is a detailed financial modeling programme that seeks to equip participants with practical knowledge and skills in modeling financial statements, enterprise valuation, M & A (Accretion/Dilution) using DCF enabled by Excel. With a hand-holding approach, participants will build models from scratch. This will be achieved with real case studies, industry best practices and sensitivity analyses.
Learning Objectives and Benefits
At the end of this programme, you will be honed with the:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel used in financial modeling
- Knowledge and skills in modeling financial statement, business and enterprise valuation, and Merger & Acquisition (Accretion/Dilution)
- Understanding and learning of the conceptual underpinnings of the valuation framework followed by step-by-step training for building a professional, robust discounted cash flow (DCF) model in Excel from scratch, using real case studies, industry best practices, and sensitivity analysis
- Skills to build a merger model in Excel to reflect the pro forma impact of various acquisition scenarios.
Who should attend
The programme is designed to benefit Investment Bankers, Equity Research Associates, Business Development Analysts, Asset & Hedge Fund Managers, Accounting/Treasury/Corporate Finance Professionals and anyone seeking to improve their financial and valuation modeling skill set.
Structure and Curriculum
- Financial Modeling with Excel I – General session
- Financial Modeling with Excel II – General session
- Basic modeling practice (Work in Teams – Caselets/Exercises)
- Gathering historical documents/information for Financial Statement Modeling
- Financial Statement Modeling – Income Statement
- Financial Statement Modeling – Balance Sheet
- Financial Statement Modeling – Cash Flow Statement
- Financial Statement Modeling – Exercises with Caselets
- Introduction to Financial Modeling & Application to Enterprise Valuation
- How to Build A DCF-Based Enterprise Valuation Using Financial Modeling -1
- How to Build A DCF-Based Enterprise Valuation Using Financial Modeling -II
- Work in teams – Hands on exercise to build Enterprise Valuation Using Financial Modeling
- Financial Modeling review and applications in Corporate Finance.
- Defining the Modeling problem and parameter
- Building the Model (I): A Private Equity Valuation approach
- Building the Model (II): A Private Equity Valuation approach
- Best Practice in Model Design and Construction: A Modular Approach: (Merger and Acquisition: Accretion / Dilution Model) I
- Best Practice in Model Design and Construction: A Modular Approach: (Merger and Acquisition: Accretion / Dilution Model) II
- Financial Modeling in Practice- Experience Sharing I
- Financial Modeling in Practice- Experience Sharing II
1. Click on the Apply Now tab
2. Select the number of participants to enroll on the programme
3. Fill in your details to complete your application
4. Request for an invoice or make an instant payment via our secured payment gateway
5. Upon confirmation of payment, a programme manager will get in touch with you at least three days before the programme commences.
Prof Akintola Owolabi, Kayode Omoregie, Dr A. L. Buhari