The Global Immersion Program (GIP) is a course designed for LBS participants and Alumni to provide a high-level survey of the economic, cultural, and geopolitical drivers behind regions integral to the global economy.
The 2023 programme will take place in Paris, France. France is an advanced and industrialized country, the third-largest economy in Europe and the sixth largest in the world in terms of GDP. Its pro-business environment, sophisticated financial market, and highly educated workforce, make it an attractive place to do business. France is also one of the most visited countries in the world, and its cultural influence is widely recognized.
The programme shall entail attending lectures and travelling abroad to meet with local business leaders, government officials, LBS alumni, and executives. This will bring great learning to the participants while immersing themselves in another culture and building strong relationships. The course comprises attending on-campus sessions in a Paris-based partner business school and a study tour.
Learning Objectives and Benefits
The overall objectives of the programme are:
- To provide an understanding of the EU region’s business, cultural, and political environments.
- To achieve a working knowledge of local business practices through direct interaction with managers and government officials.
- To explore the value of different economic models as benchmarks for global business practices.
- To promote intercultural awareness and communication.
Who should attend
- Current participants on any of programmes
- Alumni of Lagos Business School
Structure and Curriculum
- Business Leader Meetings –This feature of the programme is designed to introduce the participants to the EU/Europe region through direct interaction. During meetings with business leaders and managers, they will see how they run their companies, how market forces influence their decisions, and what they perceive as current and future challenges and opportunities.
- Company visits – By visiting production facilities and corporate headquarters, participants will see how management decisions directly affect operations and personnel. They will also discuss relations between the public and private sectors with officials from national and regional regulatory agencies.
- Cultural Events –Throughout the programme, they will have opportunities to learn about French culture and its influence on society. This will take the form of planned group events such as a city tour and excursion to a significant historical area in France.
Fees cover the following:
- Accommodation in Paris with breakfast for 5 nights
- Airport pickup and drop
- Transportation to the business visits
- 4 lunches and 4 dinners included
- 1 city tour in Paris
- 1 Welcome coffee
- 1 Farewell dinner
Fees do not cover the following:
- Flight to Paris
- Visa fees
- Travel health insurance
Payment of a non-refundable commitment fee of $1,000 is required by the 31st July 2023 to secure your space and so that the LBS team can commence visa processing for the participant.
Cancellation and refund policy
If you must cancel your registration for any reason, please note that the following rules apply:
- Send a cancellation letter to email@example.com at least four weeks before the programme start date.
- The amount paid for this course can be utilized for other seminars in the School.
- Refunds will be made less a 20% administrative charge for notifications received two weeks to the programme start date, or earlier.
- No refunds will be made for cancellations made less than two weeks to the programme start date.