As the world struggles to recover from a historic downturn, the competitive landscape is becoming more heated. Nigeria and other sub-Saharan economies are growing and becoming more attractive, such that local players are increasingly being thrust upon the global stage. Local and regional companies are no longer insulated from global players, and now have to compete head-on with multinational firms that deploy sophisticated strategic analysis and frameworks. At the same time, social and infrastructural deficits make it difficult to compete with foreign-made products and services.
As a result, it is no longer sufficient to have a good product: good products and processes are merely the minimum requirements for taking part in the global competitive game. Businesses and products need to be positioned strategically, and to continually re-invent their strategies. Thus, business leaders can no longer just be competitively effective; they must also be strategically competitive.
Learning Objectives and Benefits
At the end of this programme, you will learn to:
- Deconstruct industries to find the best position within them
- Determine the drivers of industry profitability
- Map the loci of current and future profit flows in the value chain
- Formulate or review a strategic plan
Who should attend
This programme will benefit:
Top-level managers with responsibilities for formulating or reviewing strategy for firms, divisions, businesses, product lines, or brands. It will be especially beneficial to top-level managers in innovative or fast-changing industries or sectors.
Structure and Curriculum
- General introduction + Introduction to strategic analysis
- Group study and preparation
- Deconstructing the industry value system
- Strategy & innovation in financial services
- Strategy and the industry value system
- Strategy development activities for their individual organisations
1. Click on the Apply Now tab
2. Select the number of participants to enroll on the programme
3. Fill in your details to complete your application
4. Request for an invoice or make an instant payment via our secured payment gateway
5. Upon confirmation of payment, a programme manager will get in touch with you at least three days before the programme commences.
Dr Nkemdilim Iheanachor