In a rapidly changing and increasingly complex world, in which new opportunities and risks intertwine, and the likely outcomes of key decisions highly are more unpredictable and more uncertain, business leaders and managers often struggle to understand how/when to make business and strategic decisions that are not only important for today but are also vital to the future survival and relevance of their organizations.
This course is designed to give business and corporate decision makers – business executives, senior managers, leaders, entrepreneurs – and policymakers interested in promoting viable business environments, access to the tools, methods and knowledge needed to anticipate, recognize and assess potential disruptions and innovations, trends and emerging signals of change that will combine to transform how business is done, what new tools and processes, what products and services become relevant, and where they are demanded.
The strategic foresight and anticipatory decision-making knowledge and tools that participants will be exposed to will enable them to systemically evaluate and better understand potential disruptions to their businesses and systems, spot emerging opportunities beforehand, and to make decide swift decisions in positioning their organizations to ride through and even benefit from disruptive changes.
Learning Objectives and Benefits
The overall objective is to help business executives, senior managers and leaders to develop strategic foresight capabilities and understand how to use strategic foresight tools and methods for better and systematic anticipation, strategic planning, consistent innovation, and for future-proofing their domains. Other objectives will be to:
- Introduce participants to the concept and methods of strategic foresight, critical drivers and forces shaping and impacting the future – that is, how to use this knowledge to create better futures for their organizations, companies or any entity they lead
- Empower business executives, senior managers, entrepreneurs and leaders with futures-relevant tools and knowledge to anticipate, prepare for and surmount potential disruptions; anticipate emerging opportunities, and to envision and create the futures they desire for their organizations
- Help participants to learn how to future-proof their companies, businesses, departments or domains and to future-proof the innovation processes they need to remain relevant and thrive
- Enhance the effectiveness of business executives, senior managers, entrepreneurs and leaders to deliver desired future visions of the entities they lead.
Who should attend
- Top business executives, senior managers, entrepreneurs, founders, and leaders interested in future-proofing their domains and positioning the organizations they lead for future relevance
- Key decision makers across levels interested in learning how to identify drivers of the future and use strategic foresight tools for effective and futures-relevant decision making
- Middle managers interested in future-proofing or applying strategic foresight methods to their planning and innovation efforts
Structure and Curriculum
Introduction to strategic foresight
- The VUCA world
- Strategic foresight: learning and thinking systemically about the future
Identifying driving forces (drivers), trends and emerging signals of change
Exploring the future for strategic decision making – Tools and methods of strategic foresight
- Mapping and Anticipating the future
- Futures Triangle
- Futures Wheel
- Emerging Issues Analysis & Horizon scanning
- Deepening knowledge of the future
- Causal Layered Analysis
- Futures Literacy
Creating alternatives – planning/preparing for future transformations
- Scenarios Planning
- Visioning and Backcasting
1. Click on the Apply Now tab
2. Select the number of participants to enroll on the programme
3. Fill in your details to complete your application
4. Request for an invoice or make an instant payment via our secured payment gateway
5. Upon confirmation of payment, a programme manager will get in touch with you at least three days before the programme commences.
Dr Yetunde Anibaba