The Nonprofit Leadership and Management Certificate Programme is a detailed introduction to Nonprofit Management that takes on a highly practical, experiential and interactive approach. Participants will learn through a series of online and in-class faculty-facilitated lectures, guest lectures, case study discussions, and videos. This is to ensure they learn to advance powerful innovative ideas into high-impact realities, and effectively apply management skills to the nonprofit sector.
The Certificate Programme is targeted at young and emerging nonprofit leaders within the ages(18 – 35) in Nigeria and has been designed to cultivate three pillars of competencies required to develop and grow a nonprofit organisation – leadership effectiveness, business fundamentals, and social innovation. The Programme particularly focuses on management and funding structures unique to the nonprofit sector. Participants will have an immersive experience in strategic planning for nonprofits, exploring current issues in nonprofit policy and legal issues; organisational development; human resources and
Learning Objectives and Benefits
- Gain a deeper understanding of nonprofit leadership skills, including how to define strong mission statements, manage operational and financial controls, improve organizational capacity, strengthen their fundraising and revenue generation efforts, marketing, volunteer management, governance and sustainability.
- Understand the fundamentals of accounting and sustainable finance for nonprofit organizations, including such concepts as budgeting, reporting, strategic planning, program analysis, fund accounting, etc.
- Explore numerous fundraising options and how to access them through grant writing, prospect research, communications, capital campaigns, etc. Your exposure to nonprofit management theories and practices would also involve case study discussions, videos, internships and field visits
Who should attend
- Youth (Ages 18 – 40) who work in the Nonprofit Sector and/or run a Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs).
Structure and Curriculum
- Nonprofit values, mission and vision
- Financial Management and Budgeting for Nonprofits
- Marketing and Communication for Nonprofits.
- Responsible Leadership – Ethics, Enterprise and Impact
- Nonprofit Talent Development and Volunteer Management
- Organisational Performance – Managing People & Teams for Innovation
- Partnerships, Collaboration and Stakeholder Engagement in the Nonprofit Sector.
- Sustaining a Nonprofit: Succession Planning and Lifecycle Transitions