The complexity of today’s business environment elevates the critical place of effective communication and good interpersonal relationship in the workplace. In the face of economic uncertainties, a surge in the virtual aspect of business, an increase in the intricacy of expectations of stakeholders and competition styles, relationship management has drastically changed from what it used to be in the past. Economic, social and political pressures are forcing people and organisations to rework the way relationships are managed.
The programme takes off from the research-supported view that the ability to manage relationships is hinged on a deep understanding and appreciation of self.
Learning Objectives and Benefits
Participants will learn
- Tools and techniques of effective communication
- Competencies in Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and Cultural Intelligence (CQ)
- Fundamentals of intrapersonal and interpersonal communication
- Relationship between Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and interpersonal relations
- How to build workplace relationships: 360° communication management
- How to manage interpersonal conflict
- Link between communication and influence
- How to Prevent the Barriers to Effective Communication
- Building workplace relationships: 360° communication management
- Influencing 360°
Who should attend
The programme is aimed at:
- Managers, team leaders and supervisors who want to maximise their positive impact on others through effective interpersonal skills.
- Team leaders, and middle to senior-level functional managers in private and public sector organisations whose roles require an understanding of people and idiosyncrasies.
- Experts and specialists who are making a transition from managing equipment and processes to leading people.
Structure and Curriculum
- Theories of intelligence
- Intrapersonal and interpersonal intelligence
- Emotional and cultural intelligence
- Tools and techniques for increasing competence in the Emotional Intelligence domain
- Relationship between Emotional Intelligence (EI) and interpersonal relations
- The power of the brain: Using the brain to manage self and others
- Listening and probing skills
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Influencing 360° – Managing your boss and peers
- Conflict management
- Business writing etiquette
- Leadership communication
1. Click on the Apply Now tab
2. Select the number of participants to enroll on the programme
3. Fill in your details to complete your application
4. Request for an invoice or make an instant payment via our secured payment gateway
5. Upon confirmation of payment, a programme manager will get in touch with you at least three days before the programme commences.
Dr Eugene Ohu
Dr Okechukwu Amah