The Nigerian sports landscape is replete with immense, yet untapped, business opportunities. There is the need to effectively harvest the enormous potentials in the industry and to also cater to the needs of practitioners, investors and those who need to gain an understanding of sports business. Lagos Business School, in recognition of this need, is organising the Sports Business Management Programme (SBMP), in partnership with LaLiga Business School, Spain. Participants will gain deep insight into the business of sports and build a quality network to leverage their endeavours.
The two-phase programme also incorporates a one-week experiential learning in Madrid, Spain with an emphasis on sports facility management. Tagged “La Liga Week,” the programme features classroom sessions with top-notch Spanish sports administrators/businessmen and visits to notable sports facilities and clubs in Madrid.
Participants will experience an immersion into the science and art of sports business management and will be exposed to perspectives from a series of panel sessions involving renowned sports business enthusiasts and practitioners.
Learning Objectives and Benefits
In the 2-phase seminar, the SBMP features a combination of instructor-led lectures, experience-sharing and panel sessions as well as case studies discussed in study groups to reinforce the learning points.
The SBMP modules are generally designed to help participants to gain an in-depth understanding of the existing opportunities in the Nigerian sports business industry. The modules cover sports economics, entrepreneurship, funding, branding, event management & media, marketing, and policies & regulations, amongst others. Delegates
The La Liga Week offers exposure to international best practices in sports management which includes; classroom sessions, attendance of a live football game, study tours (Atletico madrid, Olympic stadium, tennis and football stadiums), sports facility management, with exposure to direct methodology and football analysis techniques.
Who should attend
The programme is designed for practitioners in the sports business value chain and prospects:
- Heads and top-level officers of Sports Ministries, Federations, Commissions and Associations
- Sports Committee Members of National and State Assemblies
- Entrepreneurs and investors venturing into the sports business
- Business managers, Sports marketers and media promoters
- Heads, brand and PR managers of Sports-sponsoring organisations
Structure and Curriculum
- Building Sports Brands to Attract Funding and Sponsorships (LaLiga)
- Leveraging Public/Private Sector Partnership to Unlock the Potentials in the Nigerian Sports Business Landscape
- Merchandising and Commercialising Sports Content for Business Success
- Sports and Economics: Remaining at the Cutting Edge of Commercial Innovation
- Augmenting the Nigerian Sports Industry through Digital and e-Sports Technology
- Government Policies and Regulations: What Impact for Sports Businesses (Panel Session)
- Embracing Entrepreneurial Thinking in Driving Sports Business
- Marketing and Sports Laws: Avoiding the Pitfalls
1. Click on the Apply Now tab
2. Select the number of participants to enroll on the programme
3. Fill in your details to complete your application
4. Request for an invoice or make an instant payment via our secured payment gateway
5. Upon confirmation of payment, a programme manager will get in touch with you at least three days before the programme commences.
Dr Larry Izamoje