This programme focuses on exposing participants to the viability of the agribusiness value chain as they learn new ways of perceiving and interpreting reality for the sector’s managers and leaders. The purpose is to help managers and leaders abandon the perceptions that have defined their performance to date while giving them new tools for interpreting the realities of today’s agribusiness environment.
The programme will erase the traditional mindset and replace with a more pragmatic system approach or strategic thinking mindset. The aim is to provide participants with knowledge and business skills of operating a typical agribusiness value chain in Africa.
The format of this two-day programme has been designed recognising the participant’s busy schedule, especially for those attending from out of Lagos. The participant also learns without group or peer pressure, as all participants may or may not have prior knowledge of investing in the agricultural sector. A small class size is maintained to ensure close faculty attention and foster individual learning. The learning model will be based on the use of case study method and practical experience sharing.
Learning Objectives and Benefits
The aim is to provide participants with a broad knowledge of the agribusiness sector with a view to understanding the uniqueness of the sector and the long-term viability of investing in it. The course opens participants and investors to the challenges, opportunities, and diversity of the agribusiness value chain.
Who should attend
Junior and senior executives, agribusiness entrepreneurs, operators in the distribution, packaging, sales and marketing and logistics in the agribusiness sector. The course also is useful for those in different sectors that plan on retiring to the agricultural sector. The seminar is open to owner-managers, senior executives/managers and other professionals without agricultural science background, knowledge, or skills, who are interested in entering the agribusiness sector.
Structure and Curriculum
- Introduction to agribusiness value chain
- Critical/ thinking and understanding the agribusiness value chain/Getting Started in the Agri-Value Chain
- Agricultural Sector Analysis. Managing Man, Machine, Technology in the Typical Agribusiness Setting.
- Introduction to the Greenhouse Technology/Understanding the Vegetables/Tomato/Pepper Value chain. Opportunities and Challenges
- Understanding the Cassava Value Chain: Opportunities and Challenges
- Understanding the Poultry/Feed Mill Value Chain: Opportunities and Challenges
- Understanding the Catfish/Scaly Fish Value Chain: Opportunities and Challenges
- Understanding the Pig Value Chain: Opportunities and Challenges
- Understanding the Sheep/Goat/Cattle Value Chain
1. Click on the Apply Now tab
2. Select the number of participants to enroll on the programme
3. Fill in your details to complete your application
4. Request for an invoice or make an instant payment via our secured payment gateway
5. Upon confirmation of payment, a programme manager will get in touch with you at least three days before the programme commences.
Dr Ikechukwu Kelikume, Dr Frank Ojadi, Isaac Orolugbagbe