Category Management: Managing each Brand as a Strategic Business Unit
The business environment today has increasingly become so competitive that attempting to sell just through the media above or below the line will not achieve the desired result; more so with increasing influx of competing brands from the global market, be it in the telecom, financial and fast moving consumer (FMCG) sector.
It is therefore imperative today to treat each product or category of products/services as Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
This programme will focus on designing, developing and implementing winning strategies that can be adopted and applied as a process to manage each product/brand with the overall goal of having competitive advantage.
At the end of the session participants should be able to:
- Understand the detail knowledge of brand identity and positioning.
- Understand the category management process – 8 step process
- Understand how we can leverage category planning concept in our daily activities
- Identify category related opportunities in stores and develop category based selling presentations to customers.
- Know how to develop a brand that customers truly value
- Achieve in-store implementation and compliance levels in all four main areas of category management (range reviews, category planogram, category signage, category promotions)
- Achieve and understand the challenges of competitive brand building
- Communicate more effectively and handle difficult customers
For: Brand managers, product managers, business development managers, key accounts managers, commercial managers, sales /marketing managers and others whose functions have an impact on the performance of each brand and resultant impact on the corporate performance.
Date: 10-12 July 2013